Getaway this Winter
After a pretty good run of decent weather this summer the true British winter seems to once again be rearing its ugly head. If the thought of continuous rain, the endless layers and dark nights are making you long for the warmer months, we have got the perfect answer for you…
We have put together a selection of our packages to get your travelling toes twitching so look no further and head for some winter sun,
1. Ultimate East Coast – Thought having a continuous summer was impossible? Think again! Whilst we are trudging our way through the Great British winter our friends over in Oz are enjoying themselves in the height of summer! With ultimate flexibility you can enjoy adventures ranging from surf lessons, diving the Great Barrier Reef to meeting local Aboriginal people and simply chilling on the beaches of the Gold Coast… because we’ve all dreamt of being able to ‘throw a shrimp on the barbie’ whilst sunbathing on Christmas day, haven’t we?
The length of your time in Australia can range from 4 weeks up to the whole of the Winter, it’s up to you.
If this has got you reaching for your flip flops then check out the Ultimate East Coast here
2. Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica – If giving something back is more your thing, how about volunteering in the sea turtle protection centres along the Costa Rica coastline? Not only will you be helping to protect the future of a variety of sea turtles you will be able to spend your time off exploring the country during their beautiful dry season (December to March) – starting with immersing yourself in the Costa Rican culture whilst you are living in a local home stay or volunteer house.
Whilst you are there your voluntary duties will include night patrols of the beach looking for newly laid eggs, monitoring eggs in the hatchery protection and releasing new turtle hatchlings safely back into the sea.
A high level of Spanish is required for this trip so why not combine it with our ‘Learn to Speak Spanish in Costa Rica’ programme?
To find out more about our 2 and 4 week Costa Rica turtle conservation packages click here
3. Grand Kiwi – Escape from the cold and discover New Zealand on this action packed trip! In 17 days you will experience the best that this country has to offer including whale spotting in Kaikoura Peninsula, sampling the world famous New Zealand wine in Marlborough, watch an authentic Haka performance as well as visits to take in the breath taking scenery of lakes, volcanoes, waterfalls, thermal pools and more.
If you want to get that adrenaline pumping then exploring the Arrow River bike trails will be for you, not to mention the ability to tailor your package by adding in additional activities – the possibilities are endless.
Finally if for some reason you may be missing the cold weather we will throw in a trip to see the stunning Fox Glacier scenery and watch the sunset over the snow-capped Mount Cook.
To start your Grand Kiwi adventure, click here
4. Thai Adventure – Not sure what to this New Year? Why not spend it in Thailand, the home of the famous Full Moon parties! Our Thai Adventure package offers you the chance to do just that along with tons of other amazing opportunities including trekking, looking after elephants, shopping at night markets, learning to scuba dive and of course relaxing on the idyllic beaches of Koh Tao and Koh Phangan.
Just click on this link for the Thai Adventure and kick start your New Year with a bang
And finally if you aren’t phased by the cooler climate and are looking for some festive cheer we have the perfect package for you..
5. Winter Wonder – A 14 day highlights tour of 8 European countries! This trip will give you the chance to go skiing in a Swiss Alpine ski resort, tour Venice by gondola and discover the ‘Eternal City’ of Rome. You can sample beers in Germany and find unique treasures at the Christmas market, sight see around Paris, try the best chocolates that Bruges has to offer and loads more!
To begin your European adventure, look no further than Winter Wonder